The CITB’s ‘Consultation Process’
Every three years, the CITB must ask the government to approve its collecting a levy. The Secretary of State for Education, the Rt Hon. Justine Greening MP, will decide this year whether or not the CITB can collect a levy in 2018. As part of this process, the CITB must prove that it has the support of the industry.
The CITB house begun its process for proving that such support exists. The CITB largely avoids direct engagement with firms, but there are hosting a series of events around the country.
One of the best ways to make your comments heard directly is to attend one of the CITB's nationwide employer events. Details of ones in your area can be found here (now closed)
If you can't attend there are still several ways in which you can have your say:
- Thirteen pre-selected ‘consensus federations’ decide whether or not to offer support on behalf of their membership. However, there is no obligation on them to check what their members actually think. So, if you are a paying member of one of them, we suggest you get in touch with the Chief Executive and tell them what you want the federation to say on your behalf. You can find a list of them below. If you don’t know how to contact them, email Ian Anfield and he can help.
- The CITB hosts a number of consultation events around the country. You can sign up and tell them what your think in person here (now closed)
- Why not write to the CITB directly and just let them know? Their new acting CEO is Sarah Beale and the address is: CITB, Bircham Newton, Kings Lynn, Norfolk. PE31 6RH.
- You can write to your local MP. If you don’t know who that is then you can find out here.
- You can fill in the CITB’s questionnaire here (now closed). We don’t think it’s acceptable that they only ask one question and we will be campaigning for a far more detailed consultation process, but it’s better than nothing!
If you would like to know more information about our work fighting for a better, fairer training system, please contact Ian Anfield, Managing Director of Hudson Contract
Read the independent research on training that we commissioned
- Build UK
- BWF - British Woodworking Federation
- CECA - Civil Engineering Contractors Association
- CPA - Construction Plant-hire Association
- FMB - Federation of Master Builders
- HAE - Hire Association Europe
- HBF - Home Builders Federation
- NAS - National Association of Shopfitters
- NFB - National Federation of Builders
- NFDC - National Federation of Demolition Contractors
- SBF - Scottish Building Federation
- SDF - Scottish Decorators Federation
- SPOA - Scottish Plant Owners Association