A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
• recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
• measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
• analysing anonymised data to help us understand how people interact with govt services so we can make them better
There are two types of cookie you may encounter when using www.hudsoncontract.co.uk:
- First party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to provide information about usage of our site
- Third party cookies: these are cookies found in other companies’ internet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Facebook or Twitter have their own cookies, which are controlled by them